Setting off Fall Sports!

Landyn Mitvalsky, Staff Reporter

The volleyball season ended on October 21st with a loss in the playoffs, to Liberty during the  Region Semifinals. It has been an emotional season for the eleven seniors that will be playing their last game ever as a Washington Warrior. Although the team’s varsity season didn’t go as smoothly as they had hoped, they consistently put up a fight and played with pride, with the student section cheering loudly behind them. They lost six games by only one set, and ended up beating Davenport North in the first round of the playoffs 3-0, however they suffered a loss in the semifinal round to Liberty High School with a final score of 3-0. 

Some players mentioned their favorite moment was winning the playoff game at home, while others said senior night because of the large crowd of the student section who showed up to support and cheer them on.

Not unlike the varsity team, the sophomores have had a tough season.  They have a record of 1-6 (not including tournaments) their win, however, was against the city rival, Prairie. Despite coming out with only a few wins, a lot of the games have been very close and the team has kept it competitive. Five of their games have been lost by one set, on the cusp of winning. 

Both the varsity and sophomore teams are having fun out on the court, and they are enjoying being teammates with each other. They are continuing to work hard, and are optimistic in their ability to win and succeed in the upcoming seasons.